I did indeed assemble the Buckeye Beauty quilt as planned!
I'm really happy with how it came out. If I add borders, I could use it on my bed, or I could just add a green binding after quilting and call it done. I'm still debating. When I get a chance to audition a few fabrics for borders, I'll be able to decide.
I also got the March "block" done for the Viking murder mystery.
I'm not completely satisfied with it, but I'm not thinking I have enough extra fabric to redo the bottom setting triangles. I think it will be close enough to fudge on the final quilt.
This is the quilt DH will be raffling off at Amerivespa. It was a quick quilt top to make, just two easy sewing days. I'm glad I cut out two of these, because DH likes giving away my quilts, and this is an easy way to get ahead of some scooter quilts. I won't be sewing the second one right away, but I know it will be fast when I do. I'm not sure if you can see it in the photo or not, but both the blues used in the attic window blocks have a woodgrain design on them. I cut the fabric so all the dark blue had the woodgrain going vertically, and all the light blue has the grain going horizontally. I thought it was fun to bring that detail out into the border.
As far as my March of the 2" squares goes, the only quilt top I finished this week using them is the Buckeye Beauty, which used 896 of the scrap squares. I'm not counting the squares made from background, because those weren't scraps. That brings my total use of 2" scrap squares to 3,536. I've been working with other 2" squares for other projects, but I decided to only count them as used once they are in a completed top. Hopefully I'll be able to add to my total next week with a couple more quilt tops.
Post a Comment