Monday, March 16, 2009

guest rooms

    I leave tomorrow, on a trip to visit my best friend in Georgia. I'll be gone 10 days, and staying in her guest room. I've stayed in it before, and it's quite comfy.
    Since I've had traveling and guest rooms on my brain, I decided I couldn't leave without assembling at least one block for the quilt to go in the guest room in my house.


    How does it look? Besides sashing, which will be from yardage, the entire quilt top will be made from men's shirts. I just love plaids, so this whole concept of quilting with men's shirts fits my personality and my budget. This is a 15" block, and I've been sewing the components for it as leaders and enders. The blocks will be various colors, I cut up blue, green, brown, yellow, red, orange, white, black and cream colored shirts for it. I have all of the components done for 10 blocks, but still have a few more to do. Of course, I've also been waffling on size. I only cut enough for 12 blocks, but now I'm debating on cutting out four more blocks.
    I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to post again. Ironically enough, there is a quilt show in the town my friend lives in next weekend, so although I won't be sewing, I will be looking at some quilts. I had no idea there was going to be a quilt show there, it was just a happy coincidence.

No comments: