Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reception

DH is taking all our out-of-town company to the airport, The washer, dryer, and dishwasher are busy, and for the first time in two weeks, I am not busy! We had a great time with everyone, and the reception was wonderful! That said, I am tired and a little quiet sounds pretty good right now.

I uploaded a few photos in no particular order.


Here is my MIL with the wedding cake she made for DD#3. She did a very nice job.


Here is a close up of the cake topper. It was one of the few things DSIL really wanted. Call of Duty 4 is his favorite video game, and when he saw a picture of a cake topper with the bride dragging the groom away from playing video games he loved it! We bought all the pieces and DD#3 put it together.


Here is DD#3 and DSIL cutting the cake. The song for the cake cutting was
"How Sweet it Is To Be Loved by You".


Instead of having a traditional head table, the bride and groom had a sweetheart table. I made their table runner fancier than the others, and put the bridal bouquet on it.


Their first dance done to "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith.


DS the Elder dancing with DD#2, who was the Maid of Honor.


DS the Younger with some of our nieces. He is quite the dancer and stole the show a few times.

I know there are photos of DH and I, but I couldn't locate them on the computer. I wanted to post one of us together. When we load more pics on the computer I may post a few more. I am also hoping to be able to post a video of the father/daughter dance, which is very cute.

The reception was so much fun, and I think for us it was better that the wedding and reception were separate. I know it's not traditional, but we're not very traditional people. When DH and I got married, we eloped and my MIL and FIL gave us a reception a week later. That was amazing considering they had no idea we were getting married! The break between the two really makes both less stressful.

We actually came in under budget which is incredible! We were blessed by so many people's talents. The DJ is a family friend, and he did a great job. I believe it was his suggestion to do the garter to the "Mission Impossible" theme. Too fun! Other friends took video and photos. I already mentioned that my MIL made the wedding cake. DD#3 did several projects to personalize her reception like the cake topper, making the wedding favors, and making over the guest book and pen. What a blessing to be surrounded by people willing to give of their talent!
Thanks to everyone who helped, and if I forgot to mention you, please forgive me.

1 comment:

Stephanie Newman said...

You made me giggle with the notion of the garter to the sound of Mission Impossible!
How sensible to have a seperate reception, I am surprised more people have not thought to do it earlier. That way everyone has the time, the energy and resources to do both in style!