Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Joining no-buy


I just got some 6 inch charms ready to send off. I am joining a no-buy challenge for one of my Yahoo quilting groups, Stashbusters. The challenge actually started November 1st, so I'm a little late, but better late than never. The challenge is to not purchase any fabric for a year. There are allowable exceptions, but even with those it's going to be a challenge for me. If I buy fabric I pay a penalty of one 6 inch square per yard of fabric. The charms I'm sending off are my entry "fee".
I'm doing well on using my fabric, I've used over 200 yards this year. I've just still been buying more than I use. I'm hoping no-buy helps me change my ways a bit.


Here is one of the blocks I just finished. This is for a quilt I started earlier this year. I have all the sub-units done, and just need to assemble the blocks. I did finish one of the quilt tops I was working on, and I got the horizontal rows assembled on the other one. No photos of those until they are gifted. I hoping to be at the quilting stage by the weekend.

No comments: