The twin's nursery is done in a samurai/geisha theme. They are 7 1/2 months old, and I am finally finishing the quilts that match the theme. They did already have some flannel quilts from me, that I made before they were born, and I've made most of their other blankets as well. Still, DD#3 had to wait a while for the themed quilts.
Here is Miss S's geisha quilt fresh form the dryer with the wrinkly look I love in quilts.
Here is a close up of the quilting. I did free-motion Baptist fans with no marking. I quilted with a peach colored thread. I've really been playing around with thread colors. I love variegated threads, but I've been playing with solids, trying to figure out if I prefer threads that blend in or contrast. I think it just depends on the quilt. I do like the peach thread on this one.
This is the back of the geisha quilt. The width of the fabric wasn't wide enough for the quilt, but it was close, so I just used a length of border left over from another quilt to make up the difference.
I started quilted on Mr. L's samurai quilt, which I am really hoping to finish tomorrow. My goal was to have all the deadline quilts done by the end of August, and tomorrow is the last day. RRCB is back from the LAQ, and I really like how it came out. The star log cabin is finished and in the mail. I'll try to get a photo of the completed RRCB soon. The samurai quilt is the last of my "must finish" quilts, so I get to work on finishing up some donation quilts and fun quilts after that is done.