Friday, October 25, 2013

Do Me a Favor?

...or how about I do one, or one hundred or so? This week's major accomplishments are doing the wedding and shower favors.


The favors above are for the bridal shower, which is movie themed. A bag of microwave popcorn, and a director photo frame keychain. The decorations for the shower are all black, gold, and red. We found a rubber stamp that said "Real Love Stories don't have endings" and thought that was pretty perfect for this shower.


The wedding color is cobalt blue, and these little ornaments came with a gold hanger. We switched out the hangers for blue ribbon, added a silver bead and a tag that has the names of the bride and groom and the wedding date.

Neither of those favors look complicated, and they aren't, but it still took quite a bit of time to get them done.

I am up to 54 blocks quilted on Thrice Broken Dishes, so 90 more to go! I am really hoping this will be a really productive weekend quilting wise, because I know I'd be a little less stressed if I could get this quilt crossed off my to do list and can start the next wedding quilt.

The bridal shower is next weekend, so after this weekend I'll likely be helping DD#3 who is the maid of honor with the shower stuff. The shower will be here at our house, and I still haven't finalized the menu, so it will be a busy non-quilty week next week.


1 comment:

Katie M. said...

very pretty favors and love the saying.