Bygel cart from Ikea, are rows of four different quilts, all ready to be sewn together into pairs, then pressed, then sew pairs together, etc... until I have four quilt centers. All of these are getting borders, and almost everything is ready to go for those, I only need to cut one inner border. It may look like a mess right now, but hopefully by next week at this time, I'll have at least 4 quilt tops done.
You can't really see the cart in the this pic, but it's working out great. I have my trash can and a leader/ender project on the bottom shelf, I have some pieces for another quilt I'm assembling on the middle shelf, and all the rows over the top. It has a drawer, which I haven't put anything in yet. I like that is has two wheels. It's not too hard to move from machine to machine because it does have wheels, but since it also has two legs, it doesn't move when I don't want it to. I picked up he extra Trofast bins while at Ikea too, so all my strings are happily in their new home.
One of these quilts is a Pineapple Blossom quilt, and I did use sashing, but I found it kind of tricky to add the sashing and keep it straight which sashing piece goes where. When all the sashing is the same, it's not hard, but when it's different, and you are trying not to have the same fabrics touching, it gets a little confusing. I finally figured out a system that worked for me, and I'm so glad I did, because I have another Pineapple Blossom quilt in blocks, and it is going to be an adventure to assemble. I made myself a color map so I could hopefully avoid mistakes.
Graph paper and Crayola crayons, it's old school, but still works. In my head, this quilt is going to be really great, and the blocks are done, so soon I'll see if I'm right. I'm not planning a border for this quilt, because it will be about 106" square without a border. I have another Pineapple Blossom quilt started, but it will be totally scrappy, so no color maps needed for that one.
I actually had a grown-up day this week, where I acted like a responsible adult and vacuumed the house, scrubbed the stove, etc... a whole day of housecleaning, and no where near done. That's one of the buzz kills about housecleaning for me, once you clean a couple things, everything else looks dingier, and then you have to clean more. Hmmm...I'd rather be quilting!
I've also been busy planning to redecorate the twins room. I think we are going to do it the end of September, and we're planning on them having a sleepover with DD#2, and redo things while they are gone. It should be very fun seeing them see their "new" room for the first time, they are even getting new beds! Lots of plans going through my brain right now!
Successful Charity Sewing Day
19 hours ago