Monday, September 19, 2016

Gifted

My niece's bridal shower was yesterday, and her wedding quilt was a hit!


Some of the pics I've taken of this quilt are too pink, this one is too blue. DH took this pic, and he should have had DD#3 lower her side, because she's a lot taller than me, so the quilt looks crooked. It's only crooked because she's 5 inches taller than me, with much longer arms ;-)

My niece asked for a purple and silver quilt, and she's a modern type of girl, so when I googled purple quilt images, and one similar to this came up, I decided this was the quilt for her. I'm sure there is a pattern out there somewhere, but I had no pattern name, nor anything to go by. It is all half rectangle triangles, and it wasn't hard for me to figure out how it was set. I did buy a half rectangle triangle ruler, which made it much easier to figure out how to line up the triangles. The ruler had you cut off pieces within the seam allowance that helped you keep things lined up correctly.

All of my girls loved this quilt, so I'm not sure I won't be making more in this pattern. I'm sure I'll at least be making more purple quilts.

Life is racing along. We have the funding for the house addition sorted, so we'll be getting building permits and such for that. Hopefully building will start in October.

DD#2's baby shower is October 2nd, and I've still got quite a bit of planning to do on that. I also need to finish the baby's quilt, but the quilting is half done!

DD#1 and her three kids arrive October 21st, and we bought her boys bunk beds today. Of course, we can't set up the bunk beds until I finish emptying my sewing room, which will become their room. So much to do, but lots of things are becoming realities!

I'm sure the remaining days of September will fly by for me, I'll be so busy.





1 comment:

Katie M. said...

Beautiful quilt! Your family will be surrounding you before you know it. Remember to take time to breathe and take care of you, too...