Friday, September 16, 2016

Sneak Peak

My niece's wedding quilt is now finished, but I can't show it until after it's gifted on Sunday. I can, however, give you a sneak peak.


Here is a view of the quilt back, where you can see the type of quilting I did on it. This quilt was quite a change for me, but it was fun, and I'm happy with how it turned out. All the straight-line quilting I did was done with the thread I picked up at Goodwill. I'm already using that thread!

I'm working on my grandson-on-the-way quilt now. I've decided I get to play on his quilt before he does, so instead of doing something easy or fast, I'm trying out new patterns on it. I decided to ignore the piecing all together, and divide the quilt into sections, with a different fill in each section. Baby quilts are great to play on, because you aren't committed to days of stitching a pattern you may not like doing.


Here you can see my dividing lines. I've been wanting to try a strings of pearls for a while now, and I decided to just go for it, and I went for a ribbon look too. You can see my stitches are far from perfect, but for a first attempt, I'm satisfied. I've always had trouble with backtracking, but I'm getting better. I had to slow WAY down, I was quilting too fast for my backtracking to come out well.

I've been spending all my time quilting, and really have fallen behind getting the house ready for my DD#1's family to move in. Tomorrow I hope to tackle a few areas of the house I've been avoiding dealing with.


DD#2 and DSIL bought their first house! My first kid to become a homeowner! Now when that grandson makes his appearance in a couple months, he'll have a place in their new house :-)

Not much else going on right now. Quilting and rearranging things pretty much covers it all!

No comments: