Friday, February 2, 2018

Spit Happens...

...so new moms need burp rags!


Burp rags is exactly what I've spent a lot of my time making this week. I've got enough for the three moms I was originally making them for, plus I cut more for two more moms in extended family, and I'll have some to stash as future gifts.


Here is a closer look at the edge of one of the burp rags. This has been washed once, it will likely fray a bit more. Somehow, burp rags having ragged edges just looks right to me.

Almost everything I've worked on this week has been baby related. Besides finishing a bunch of burp rags, I've cut out and pinned seven swaddling blankets, pieced the backings of two baby quilts and pin-basted them, AND I've started planning DD#1's baby shower.

The baby shower will be early April, but I've got so much else going on, I decided I need to start now. I've chosen the theme, decided on game prizes and favors. I'm working on the brunch menu and decorations. DD#2 is in charge of games. The shower favors will be quilty in nature, so I should be able to make them as leaders/enders while I work on other stuff since I'm starting early.

Every time I make a plan of what I will work on next, it seems to change for one reason or another. As long as I'm mostly working on stuff that I need to get finished it doesn't matter that much. When I get these two baby quilts finished, I can mail those packages off to the moms they are going to. I still haven't started  sewing DD#1 baby's quilt, but it's all cut out ready to start.

I haven't worked on wedding quilts in a couple weeks now. All those couples are already married, so the quilts are already late. I've got three babies to make quilts for that aren't born yet. I've got a chance of getting those done on time!

No comments: