Friday, February 16, 2018

A Couple NewFO's

I had two baby girl quilts to make, and I cheated a bit and made them almost identical. I started them in January of this year, so they don't count on my UFO challenge.

Here is one of them


And here's the other


Did you spot the difference? How about a side by side?


Only the quilting is different. One of these babies is a rainbow baby, a baby born after a pregnancy loss, so that baby gets rainbow quilting.

I've been asked what size my Flying Geese are in these quilts, and I made mine to finish at 4x8" because a 48" square quilt was what I wanted.

I added these finishes to my yearly total. It's mid-February and I've finished four quilts this year. Not bad considering I only finished three quilts all of last year.

These quilts were mailed out this morning. I'll have family stuff going on all this coming week, so no sewing is likely to happen. I'm hoping I might be able to do a little bit of cutting done, or pressing those tiny HST's I've been making. We'll see, family comes first!


2 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Way to go!

swooze said...

I am obsessed with this quilt! Wonderful design.