Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Heavy

My body is heavy, my life is heavy, everything just seems pretty heavy these days. Not that I don't have plenty to be thankful for, I do. I'm mainly just sad today. One of my daughters just had a miscarriage, and that baby was definitely wanted and loved. One of my other daughters is still having a healthy pregnancy, for which I am very grateful. I still have a baby shower to plan, but I was going to be throwing it with the daughter who just miscarried. That seems a bit much to ask now.

Are you one of those quilters who tries to make a quilt for sad things to offer some kind of comfort, even when you know nothing will "fix" things? I am one of those quilters, and in this case, I finished a weighted blanket that I was asked for months ago.

I have five weighted blankets on my to do list, four of which are UFOs. All the tops are done, I just need to sew all the channels and fill them. My very sad daughter deserved to have hers moved to the top of the list. Not that a weighted blanket will "fix" anything, but maybe the weight of it, while her heart is also heavy, will bring some type of comfort.


I'm going up to spend a couple days with her, with this weighted blanket in tow. My plans changed yet again. There are a bunch of other things going on in the family which are also heavy on my heart. I'm looking forward to the day we can look back on this mess and say, "We made it through!" Life will not always be this heavy, I've been through enough hard times to know that. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,
    And a time to die;
A time to plant,
    And a time to pluck what is planted;
A time to kill,
    And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
    And a time to build up;
A time to weep,
    And a time to laugh;
A time to mourn,
    And a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones,
    And a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace,
    And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to gain,
    And a time to lose;
A time to keep,
    And a time to throw away;
A time to tear,
    And a time to sew;
A time to keep silence,
    And a time to speak;
A time to love,
    And a time to hate;
A time of war,
    And a time of peace.


1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

I’m sorry. I’ll pray for her heart to heal, and yours as well.