Friday, April 27, 2018

Will It Stack?

I'm still on Nana duty until Monday, so taking care of Mr. LJ is my number one priority. Mr. LJ does not live in the same town as we do, so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like. This has been a great opportunity to really get to know the little guy.

He REALLY likes to stack things.


Stack your milk on top of your train engine and drive it around? Sure thing.


Stack on a leg? Yes.


Stack on the slanted arm of a chair? He can do it.


He even stacked five blocks on my hand!


As I walk around the house I find random stacks hanging around. Like this stack on the trashcan.

He doesn't just stack blocks, he'll stack any toys he has, random things he finds around the house, whatever he has near him. Drink coasters, cups, shoes, toy trucks, books, may all find themselves in a stack. 

Hey, maybe when he's older, I'll be able to harness his love of stacking and get him to help me clean up any creative messes in my quilting studio! 

On the quilting front, I've drawn a bunch more lines on squares, but still have a ways to go. I also got a tiny bit of cutting done. I'm finding keeping up with a toddler quite hard on my arm injury, so I'm having to ice my arm almost every night. I was hoping to get right back to quilting after he leaves, but I think it's going to take a few days for the inflammation in my arm to go down. I will just keep doing a little along, and eventually I see progress.

No comments: