Thursday, September 6, 2018

Just Needs Borders

I have been busily sewing all week, using my grandson's quilt as leaders/enders for another wedding quilt. I just finished both quilt centers today, so it's time to cut borders!


^Here's my grandson's quilt. I have Hot Rod fabric for his borders because DH calls him Hot Rod. I can never keep transportation fabrics in the stash for long, because I keep being asked for transportation quilts. 


^Here's the bargello quilt center. This one is getting two borders, one thin inner border a shade darker than any of the reds, and then a wide floral border. I'm not a big fan of florals, so when I choose one, it's got to be a good one! This was my first bargello, and I would be willing to make another, but not when I am feeling so much pressure to get it made quickly. If I make another it will be when I have no deadline quilts, which I don't see happening anytime soon!

Speaking of deadline quilts, I have another added to my list! I just found out I've got another grandbaby on the way, so I have two grandbaby quilts to make! One grandbaby is due very early January, the other is due in May, but I'm sure will be born in April. If the one due in January comes in December, I'll have two grandbabies born in 2018, if January there will be two born in 2019, but the latest two will still be within 12 months of the last one. The oldest grandkids will all be ooh-ing and ah-ing with cuteness overload with all the new babies!

I did a bit of stash enhancement this week.


Mostly fat quarters, but the three in front are half yards. The alphabet panel in the bag I'm really excited about. It's a cotton panel with fusible already on it, so I'm planning to cut out some letters and have fun on all the baby bibs I need to make. I'm not thinking much if any of the panel will make it to stash. I'm using fabric up pretty quickly lately, so I don't feel bad about hitting up some crazy sales. These fabrics ended up being $4 per yard, and I'm not going to feel bad about that! 



No comments: