Thursday, September 24, 2020

Another UFO Finish

 I finally have something to show!

I finished this Weed Whacker quilt, that's been a UFO for at least a couple years. There are a few puckers on the back, which I'm pretty disappointed about, but it is what it is. I always have the most blue fabric, therefore the most blue scraps, and this quilt used up quite a few blue scraps. I hate blue, so why I always have so much blue is somewhat of a mystery. The colors I love I usually have the least of, maybe because I use them right away???

I've been all about making two color scrap quilts lately. I think they appeal to more people overall, and since a lot of these will be donated at some point, I think it's a safe bet. I still love scrap quilts that are a riot of color, so I'll always make those too, but two color quilts have been becoming my go to for scrap quilts. 

My BIL's quilt just needs a binding, which I'm hoping to get done tomorrow. Then I really need to buckle down and get the quilts for my niece and nephew finished so I can start another baby quilt (baby is due in December). I feel like I have so much to do in the rest of 2020, and not enough time to get it done. On the upside, I'm busy enough that all the craziness in the world isn't something I have time to dwell on, so that's good. 



2 comments:

Panto Pam said...

Congrats on another great finish! I love seeing her designs in the two color options such as this. This one is definitely going on my must make list now!

Andee Neff said...

Your Weed Whacker looks great!