Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Memory Rag Quilt #2


 I finished the second rag quilt! My arm is none too happy with me, so I'll be working on lighter weight projects for a few days, to give my arm a chance to rest. I'm not even going to start the baby quilt I need for next weekend until this weekend, since there will be so much cutting involved. Those rag quilts were heavy, and my arm deserves a rest. When I could hardly get my shirt off at night, because I couldn't raise my arm, I knew I'd overdone it! I'm hoping the weight of the rag quilts feel like a warm hug from their mom, so even with the process being hard on me, it is hopefully worth it.

I'll go back to piecing on the quillows for a bit. Even the stripsets aren't that hard on my arm. 

Am I the only one who feels like the holiday season is happening way too soon? 2020 may have been an eventful year in some ways, but it still seems like it's flown by. I think we've mostly figured out a pared down Thanksgiving plan, but I'm stuck on how to handle Christmas. It's really hard to think about it, since I am so late on making Christmas gifts and shopping. I still have other non holiday things that need to be finished as well, so even now I'm not in full out Christmas production. The quillows are for Christmas, but aside from that...We'll just have to see what I can get done. At least I got my newest grandbaby's name ornament finished so when the Christmas tree goes up, it's ready to go on! Hey, no matter how small the project, I'm counting it as a win!


No comments: