Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving!

 I hope all that celebrate have a Happy Thanksgiving! This year DD#2 wanted to host, but my day before Thanksgiving prep still looks like any other year. 


I've got the white and wheat rolls done, but I've yet to make a pie so far. Besides rolls and pies, I'm also making one pan of dressing, but my daughters have the rest covered. After the last two weeks of event after event, it's a nice break. 

I haven't had much in the way of sewing time. I am working on a couple Christmas presents I can't show. I did NOT get the table runners done for Thanksgiving. I told DD#2 I hope to have it done in time for Christmas, but we'll see. I still have a lot to do for Christmas, and although my December calendar is not nearly as crazy as November has been, it is filling in.

I can show you some of my current leader/ender blocks.


These 16 patches will finish at 6". Too many of my Wonder Clips are being used to clip the pieces for the 16 patches together, so I'm starting to use these as my leader/ender project just to get some clips back. I have a LOT of 16 patches ready to sew, it could be a while before I actually get a quilt made from them, and I think I'll end up with at least two quilts from them. 

I'm excited about the mystery quilt starting Friday. I know only using one fabric per color will save me a lot of time, and I have enough other projects I need to get finished, that using single fabrics for each color was about the only way I was going to be able to add the mystery quilt in. I am kind of wondering how much I'll like the quilt when it's finished, since I am by nature a very scrappy quilter. I figure since I give most of my quilts away anyway, it doesn't matter that much. Not everyone likes a scrappy quilt.

 I still haven't finished assembling last year's mystery quilt, which I changed up quite a bit. Most of my main quilt is in rows, and the Flying Geese Bonnie intended for the border I used in blocks for a second quilt. I haven't finished the alternate blocks I have planned for that quilt though.

I hope to have more pics next week, when I'm working on more than Christmas stuff!



No comments: