Thursday, September 14, 2023

Always a Price to Pay

 I have been so swamped with deadline projects that I've been sewing long hours every day in an attempt to get it all done. I also haven't been taking a couple days off sewing completely each week, feeling like I didn't have that luxury right now. I knew better, I did, but it didn't stop me until my Repetitive Stress Injury said no more. When you can't lift your arm because that old injury is calling you an idiot, and proving it to be so, you have to stop. 

DH kept telling me I needed to slow down, and I knew he was right. My arm was giving me subtle reminders that I was overdoing it, but still I kept on. Now my arm is benching me. Honestly, the timing isn't that bad.  We pick up two of our granddaughters today, and we'll have them for three nights, during which time I wasn't going to be sewing anyway. Next week I'll have sewing time, but we'll see how my arm is doing after a few days off. Then I have two grandsons for ten days, during which I won't get any sewing done. Basically, over the next three weeks, I'll have very little sewing time, so hopefully my RSI will have time to calm down.

I've gotten of work done during my overdoing it time, though not a ton of deadline finishes. As for the next few deadlines here's where I'm at.

DD#2's birthday quilt (which is Christmas themed)- I have a lot of the blocks done, not all, but a lot of them. If I can sew next week, this will be my focus, her birthday is in October. It's only throw sized, so still a possibility.

Table runners for rally- all the blocks are done, once I cut the setting fabric I can assemble them. They need to be finished before November 11, and the hardest part is done. 

Mr. LJ's quilt- not started because we had a last minute change of subject matter. I received the panel I need to start it yesterday. His birthday is in November, so we'll see. My original plan was actually more work, and now it will be much simpler, so it's a maybe. 

I have two baby quilts to make, plus three other grandsons want new quilts too, but most of those will likely have to wait until next year. 

I had hoped to make everyone in the family new pillowcases for Christmas, but that's not likely at all now. They aren't hard to make, there's just a lot of people in the family. 

I did finish quilting a quilt this week, but haven't sewn the binding on yet. I don't have any more quilts basted, and with my arm acting up so much, I likely won't baste one until I get DD#2's quilt top done. I have lots of quilt tops that need basting, but that's hard when my arm is hurting so much, so I'll stick to basting deadline stuff for a bit. 

As far as stuff not deadline related, I'm almost caught up on the temperature quilt. I hadn't done anything with it since mid-July, but now July and August are finished, and September is started. 

The new blocks for the murder mystery quilt came out yesterday, and this month was so easy, I got it finished today, even with an injury. 


It's kind of nice to know I won't be falling behind on that while I rest my arm. 

When I blog next will depend on when I actually get to sew next, so don't worry if I go a couple weeks without blogging. Giving my RSI the rest it needs is more important than sewing or blogging. 


No comments: