Friday, September 1, 2023

Caught Up on Binding!

 I was behind on binding, but not anymore! 


This quilt got a scrappy binding. I only ended up with a join at one corner, and with scrappy binding I consider that a win! This used up all the scrappy binding I had pieced, but I have a shoebox full of binding scraps that I need to join to make more scrappy binding. Scrappy binding can be a fun finish for a scrap quilt. I made this quilt top in Yuma, so it's considered a new start on my finish list.

This baby quilt was a UFO, so now I've finally got another UFO off my list! These were finishes #17 and #18 for 2023. 

I haven't done any FMQ this week because I haven't been home. I was staying at DD#2's house helping with the grands while her house was having major repairs done and her husband was out of town. Because I knew I wouldn't be able to sew, I spent last Sunday sewing up burp rags, and I brought them to DD#2's house to clip. Now I've got 32 burp rags finished, more than enough for the two baby gifts I need, and a few to stash for future gifts. I still want to get more cut out and sewn for future baby gifts, but at least I've got the ones I need soon finished. 


These are the fabrics I used for the beach baby theme.


These are for the video game baby theme. I have multiples of all of those, and the edges aren't fluffy yet because I haven't had a chance to wash them yet. They'll fluff up nicely once they are washed. 

Video game baby is due in a month, and I'm not finished the baby quilt. I have all the blocks pieced, but I need to add some applique before I can assemble the quilt and quilt it. Now that I'm home, that is my number one priority. I'd like to get it in the mail by next weekend, and that's saying a lot since the top isn't even finished! The burp rags being done means all I have to finish is the quilt, and that's a good thing. 

I need to get going, I've got housework to catch up on, sewing to do, burp rags to wash...you know how it goes!


No comments: