Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Mad Dash

 I've already had two of the grandkids for a couple days, and I'll have them for another week. I did a mad dash last weekend, and got a few things further along so I'll be at a good starting place when life calms down again. 


I got the binding sewn on this quilt, which had been quilted for a week or two.


I busted two different fabrics on the backing, I made it into an offset four patch to add interest. This way it looks like a design choice instead of, "I didn't have enough of either of these fabrics to make the backing". That's the truth, but why advertise it?


I got the quilt top done for DD#2's Steampunk Christmas quilt that is actually her birthday present. DH took the grands to the park today, and I used the time to finish quilting this, and the plan is to get the binding on this weekend and I'll actually make the deadline. 

Since I had run out of basted quilts, I opted to spend last weekend basting, and besides the Steampunk Christmas quilt, I basted three UFO's. My Steampunk Christmas quilt is ready for borders, but that will have to wait until the grandkids are back at home. Any sewing time I've had while they are here has been spent on DD#2's quilt, or piecing some blocks that were ready to sew. Easy stuff is best when I'm tired and a four and six year old can be a handful. Sure I had five kids in six years, but that was many, many years ago! 

I'm pretty happy with what I got done before the grands arrived, and very happy I'm almost done DD#2's quilt. Her birthday is next week, but I'm thinking I'll have it finished in time! 

No comments: