Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sea Quilt Top Done

I just finished the sea quilt top a few minutes ago. I wasn't sure if I'd finish the top today or not, but I'm glad I did! Maybe I can even get the back pieced today, and lay it out overnight with the batting and get it pinbasted tomorrow morning. I'm not sure that will happen, but hey, a girl can dream can't she?

Tomorrow afternoon is spa day with DD#3. She is going to dye my hair and give me a trim, and I will cut her hair. I have no idea what she wants as far as a haircut goes, and it is always a surprise with her :-) I learned how to cut hair from a book, (the way I learned most of my skills), and the kids are constantly stretching my skills by asking for different cuts. I thought it was very funny when I went to South Africa last time and DD#1 had me bring my hair cutting scissors and do her hair while I was there. I left a pair of shears there, so I can do it again next time, and not worry about forgetting to bring them. DD#2 needs a haircut too, but I'm not sure when that will happen, she's in and out a lot, and doesn't always remember to ask me to cut it.

I'm about 2/3 done quilting a quilt on the Juki, so as soon as that one is done, the sea quilt should be ready to quilt right after. I've got the Bernina set up for piecing again now that I'm finished appliqueing on the sea quilt, so maybe I'll use a few spare minutes here and there and get some other quilt tops finished. I have a couple in assembly stage and two ready for borders.

It looks like DD#3 and DSIL will be moving in with us, but I'm not sure when. I think before the twins are born will be easier. Lots of rearranging to do, but I like to rearrange so not a problem. I thought it was very funny when I realized that we will be back to 7 people in the house, which is what we had when all five kids were at home. Reminds me of that old saying, 'The more things change, the more they stay the same'.

The room we will turn into a nursery used to be DD#3's bedroom. We've tried to let the kids pick their own paint colors to make the rooms their own, and when we moved in this house, she picked a very bright lime green. I mean a VERY bright lime green. We never did repaint the room, so it's still this shocking color. I told her she should choose another color, one that won't keep her babies awake ;-)

DS the Younger is willing to give up his room for his sister and her husband, which is really sweet of him. The room he'll be giving up is the same size as our bedroom, and he'll be moving into a much smaller room. I always thought it odd that there are basically two master bedrooms in this house. Our room has a private bathroom, and the other has a walk in closet. I don't have a lot of clothes (I'd rather buy fabric), so I picked the one with the private bathroom. The people we purchased this house from used the other one as their master bedroom. Now that there will be two couples living here, the two master bedrooms are really perfect.

No comments: