Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Unexpected Week

This past week has not gone at all like I planned. I know it happens to everyone, so I'm not surprised, just stating the facts. We had a very sad event this week, and a few worried moments, as well as some pure frustration. It wasn't all bad, and I got to throw a birthday dinner for one of DS the Younger's friends whose mother is out of town, and DD#2 finished her second sewing project. I wish I had thought to take a picture. The only sewing I managed to do, was making three scrub tops for DH.

Here he is, ready to go to work in the ER today. I had been looking for this fabric for ages, it's the Universal Monsters print, and it's been out of print so everything I found was sky high in price. I finally found a reasonable deal on ebay. I love really graphic novelty prints for his scrubs. I figure it takes the patients mind off the pain for a bit, and he gets lots of comments on his scrubs.

Here are two new Christmas scrub tops. I know we don't live anywhere near the ocean, but I am always on the lookout for warm weather Christmas prints. It has taken me a while to get used to southern Arizona Christmas'. I grew up looking forward to snow and sledding on Christmas, and here we typically have cool mornings but warm afternoons on Christmas. We've actually had to open the windows on Christmas Day before.

I am hoping to get the rest of his scrub tops sewn up today. We'll see how that goes. I really need to get back to quilting, but everyone once in a while, I need to let DH know I haven't forgotten him ;-)

No comments: