Friday, January 28, 2011


I made this quilt top out of some orphan blocks, 3", 4", and 6". I thought I was being resourceful and creative, but DH says it's painful to look at. Is it really that bad? Most of the fabric is flannel, and I was thinking it would make a good floor quilt for a baby. Surely babies are not so critical. It really is flat, but I hung it up over another quilt in progress that is pinned to the design wall on the door.

I am only in quilt top mode right now, I don't really have a lot of time to quilt, and just finishing up some quilt tops sounds good to me. I have two denim/flannel quilts in rows, just waiting to be sewn together into quilt centers. Actually, at least one of these I am planning on making without borders, so once the rows of that one are together the top will be done.

I did a final count of swaddling blankets, I made 16, at 2 1/2 yards per blanket, that means I've used 40 yards of fabric so far this year. Not bad for still being January! Now if I just get those curtains made for the nursery, that will be five or so more yards used.

No comments: