Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Holding Hands



See the way Lucius reaches out to hold Serenity's hand? Is that cute or what? It's a common occurrence around here, they are always reaching for each other.

I am doing a little bit of sewing, but not much to show right now. I found another partly done project I had completely forgotten about, so I'm using it as my leader/ender project. I had some leftover pieces from my Hawaiian quilt, and I had planned to sew up as many blocks as I could minus the black sashing, and use it as a donation quilt.

This is my original Hawaiian quilt, and the one made from the leftovers won't be near as impressive since I'll be skipping all the black. I wasn't motivated enough to cut all the black sashing strips, but this will get rid of the rest of the leftover cut pieces from this. I purposely overcut so I'd have options as I put it all together. I'm surprised the project had gotten buried, I usually keep my in progress projects together, but this was just organization failure.

I need to make another raffle quilt for DH's upcoming scooter rally. I played around with EQ7 today, while holding a fussy Lucius, and I think I have the quilt pretty much figured out. I am really enjoying EQ7. I had Quilt Wizard first, so making quilts on the computer isn't new to me, but I'm having fun with some of the options Quilt Wizard didn't have. The new rally quilt will be a medallion quilt, and I didn't have that option on Quilt Wizard, but it was a breeze on EQ7!

I don't know if I have enough of all the colors I need for the rally quilt. I should be fine on most of the fabrics, but I might need more rust and tan, because I use those colors a lot. I don't want to go scrappy on this quilt, so I need enough of one fabric of each color, much different than usual for me. I have all the fabric I need for the rally bags, which will be shredded denim and bandanna fabric, with a muslin lining.

Tonight's project? Drawing lots of lines on the backs of fabric squares while I watch a movie. DH is out of town for a few days, so it's a good time to watch a chick flick.

1 comment:

Stephanie Newman said...

That hand holding thing is cute, my twins had seperate beds from birth but did like to hold hands when they were near eachother. So cute. And love the quilt, BTW.