Sunday, October 30, 2011

Anticipation!

So much is happening right now, lots to looks forward to! I got a few things done in the sewing room today, made some more coasters, sewed on a button, sewed on a patch, made the parts of DD#3's costume that she needed, and ironed a few things as well as put a few things away. I am doing housework in between everything else.

Today some wonderful people dropped off their RV so DD#1 and her family can stay in it while they are visiting. It was so great of them to lend to it to us, and I know DD#1's family will really appreciate a bit of privacy. We could have squeezed them in the house, but not without relocating people, and this will work better for everyone. Two more days until they are here!


Bonnie K Hunter of Quiltville will be starting a new mystery soon. I love Bonnie's mystery quilts, and I'm going to try to do it this year too. The above fabric is my inspiration for color choices. I have a bunch of this fabric, and I love it, it's in colors I love and I have a real thing for bears. She's not posting fabric requirements until November 1st, but I will be choosing colors out of this fabric, and using it for the backing. It is a pretty large scale print, so I don't know that borders would work out of this, but I will definitely have a matching backing if I choose it first.

Bonnie leaked the info that we will need three colors plus a background. I am leaning towards a cream background with brown, green, and rust as my colors. I'd like to find a place for the gold in this fabric to play a part somewhere. If we need a constant fabric, I may buy that one piece, if I can find a rust with a gold design on it. Otherwise this quilt will be completely from stash. I don't have a lot of variety in rusts, but I do have some. I have plenty of browns and greens. I have even fewer golds than rusts, which is one reason I'm not going brown, green, gold. I actually thought of using brown as my background, and gold, green, and rust as my main colors. Since I have no idea how much background there will be, I was thinking the quilt may end up too dark that way. I really like all of these colors, so I may keep changing my mind. The first clue comes out November 18th, so I have time to decide. DD#1 leaves on the 14th, so I have a couple of days to pull fabrics after she leaves, before the first clue.

I have so much to look forward to. All of my kids should be together for the first time in 4 1/2 years. DH will finally get to see our oldest grandson, and lots of other people will be visiting as well. If I don't post again until after DD#1's visit, don't worry, I'll just be busy enjoying my family :-)

No comments: