Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Granddaughter!

Some families happen by birth, either you are born into it, or they are born into yours. Some families happen by legal means, adoption or marriage. Other families are created by a special blessing from God, not blood ties or legal ties, but tied as family none the less.


Here is my extra blessing this Christmas season, a new granddaughter, Evangeline. She was born December 26th, weighed 6 pounds 1 oz, and was 19 inches long. She was born at 36 weeks, so she was actually a pretty good size. Mama and baby are doing well, wish I lived closer so I could give them both hugs. Evangeline already has her quilt from Nana, ready to give her the hugs I can't yet.

On a quilty note, I haven't sewn on the mystery quilt at all, though that is the plan for today. I did, however, quilt the last quilt from my last pin-basting spree! I think that quilt has been pin-basted for four months now, and has been moved all over during the house rearrange. I feel better having it quilted, even if it's not bound. I have a stack a baby quilts ready to be pin-basted, with their backings and everything. When I am caught up with the mystery quilt, I think another big pin-basting spree is called for, and I will then go on a quilting spree, followed by a binding spree. Starting 2012 with a bunch of finishes has to be a good thing, right?

No comments: