Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's a Beginning





I finally got a couple hours to spend in the quilting cave, and here is the center of the quilt that will be raffled off at the scooter rally, For a Few CC's More 3. I've made several scooter themed quilts, you can see my first one here, and my second one, the one for the first For a Few CC's More here, and last year's rally quilt. This quilt will have scooters on it, but obviously not in the center ;-) Where will they come in? I'm not telling, you'll have to wait and see. The finished quilt will be about 69" square, and this is only 33" square, so there is still plenty of room for scooters to make an appearance.

The star blocks are Blazing Stars and I used the Eleanor Burns die for my Accuquilt Go! cutter to cut the pieces for it. It is so much easier to get accurate blocks when using a die cutter! I likely wouldn't have attempted the block without the die.

I also finished making some blocks for a donation quilt, and finished piecing a piano key border for another quilt, and even got a couple more pink nine patches done. Not too bad for about 3 hours in the sewing room. Everything is pressed and ready to go to the next step too!

When will I sew next? I have no idea! I'll let you know when I do.

No comments: