Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Squirrel!

Squirrel! is what we say around here, when someone has gotten way off topic, or off track. There are a lot of BIG things going on in my life now, and I have dozens of extra tasks to do everyday on top of all my regular stuff. I am going through one of those times where I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not getting anywhere.

Here it is September, and I have three quilts that MUST be finished this year. All of those are now tops, (and one I'm actually quilting on one in 20-30 minute segments of time), but I am still just frazzled. Last weekend I decided it was time to pause the chaos, and go chase a squirrel.


This baby quilt has been pin basted for months, and I decided I was just going to finish it, even though another baby quilt is one of the three quilts I need to finish. I spent a couple days freehand quilting fans on the quilt, and it just felt good to sit there and quilt a while. I still had a ton of interruptions, but I did have some time to just enjoy the rhythm of moving the quilt in a regular pattern. Today during the twins' nap time, I decided to take the time to machine sew on a binding, and I have a FINISH! I really needed to finish something. Sure I have other things that NEED to be finished, but this was a quick finish, and that's what I needed most, just a sense of accomplishing something...anything!


This is the backing for the quilt. I had picked up the border fabric with all the animals on it at a thrift store when I was working on the penguin blocks. I thought it would be a fun border. I used all of it on this quilt. The animal fabric on the back was all that was left from the thrift store piece.

So, my to do list is still ridiculously long, but this quilt is done!

1 comment:

Stephanie Newman said...

The Film at Five and the Penguin quilts are great!
Wish I could get stuck into some quilting instead of getting stuck into sorting and packing...
Bring on the new studio- now!