Thursday, December 13, 2018

More Weighted Blankets

I finished two more weighted blankets. I thought both of these were on my UFO list, but only one of these was.


^This one is going to Indiana. It was on my UFO list.


^This is going to Washington state. This one I thought was on my UFO list, but wasn't.


^This quilt, however, was on my UFO list, and it's finished too! The blocks were leftover bits from a different quilt, that actually had different blocks entirely. I cut HST's from leftover stripsets to get these blocks. Because I was just cutting from whatever was left, not all my pinwheels spin in the same direction, so I needed sashing to make it work. I had the perfect border fabric in stash, and I think this border used all I had. 


I started quilting on my oldest UFO that I talked about in my last post. It's a monster! 

I also prepped all the boy bibs for sewing. The appliques are fused, and each bib is matched with a ribbing collar, though nothing is sewn yet. 

I have two more weighted blankets ready to sew channels in that are for specific recipients. I'm going to have more plastic pellets left than I thought I would, and eventually, I'll make more weighed blankets until they are gone. I've got several projects that take precedent over that though, so as soon as these last two weighted blankets are done, I'm packing the remaining pellets up for a while. My arm injury is not fond of making weighted blankets, so when the pellets are gone, they are gone and I won't make another one. 

I had just a couple things left to pick up for Christmas, and DH and I got that done today  (besides grocery shopping, still have that to do). I have a little bit of wrapping left to do, but not much of that. Good thing too. We have some of the grandkids this weekend, company for dinner on Sunday, a family arrives Monday to stay a week, then I'll have a couple down days while DH works, then another round of company! I still have some hope I could have another finish or two in 2018, but we'll see, it's getting really busy!

No comments: