Monday, April 29, 2019

Hundreds of Squares and Triangles, plus a Finish

If you read my last post you know I'm making 100 patches as my leader/ender project right now. I ended up making nine more blocks, for a total of 18 so far, and no end in sight of those squares! I think I'll make 20 blocks and switch to something else as a leader/ender project. Two thousand squares is enough for now.


I finished the last few rows of this quilt, but have yet to sew any of these rows together. DD#3 is calling this quilt, "The quilt formally known as Purple Rain".


I decided I wanted a break from all of that piecing, so I quilted and bound this quilt today instead. It's a rare day indeed that I completely quilt any quilt in a day, my arm just doesn't like that. I did some really easy edge to edge wavy lines to quilt the entire quilt. The quilt is 57" x 71", so a throw sized quilt. This is the quilt I made with fabric I reclaimed from a rejected project. DD#2 was supposed to get the first project, so she claimed this one too, even though I actually remade the first one for her. No worries, my kids can have as many quilts as they like. 

I really love both purple and green, but I have made SO many quilts with those colors in the past year, I am really enjoying making the 100 patches with every color. Once I get the purple and green batik quilt top together, the next wedding quilt is red and white, so a very nice change from everything I've been working on. Once I have all three wedding quilt tops finished, I'll do a basting spree and get them all basted. 

I still have a few more quilts basted and ready to quilt, but none of those have deadlines, so I've been ignoring them. I have finished enough quilts to get enough pins back to easily baste the three wedding quilts, and even my grandson, Mr. J's quilt should I be able to get his quilt top done before the basting spree too. At least I've finally got his quilt pattern chosen, and I'm ready to cut it out. It will be a large twin, but I'm letting the fabric patterns do most of the work, and there is a minimal amount of piecing to do. Not every quilt needs to have intricate piecing I'm learning. 

This latest finish brings my total finishes for 2019 up to ten, and seven of those have been UFO's. Not a bad total after four months. I was hoping to have at least 20 finishes this year, and I'm halfway there!



1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

Your purple and green quilt is really rich and warm looking. Well done!