Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Anniversary Getaway

Last week was our 35th wedding anniversary. To celebrate we took a trip to northern Arizona.


We went to see Grand Falls, which only runs seasonally. It's running right now due to snowmelt from the mountains. I'm guessing it also runs during monsoon season. The water is very muddy due to it only being runoff. To give you an idea of scale, look at the upper righthand corner. That's a building for shade up there, and it's tiny in this. These are big waterfalls. 

We also went to Bearizona, which is a drive thru/walk thru zoo showcasing North American animals. I LOVED Bearizona. Bears are my favorite animals, and although they have a lot more than bears there, I did get to see plenty of bears. 


This good looking guy was right outside my car window. 


A couple juvenile bears were play fighting on DH's side of the car.


There were mountain goats...


...and BigHorn sheep.


Deer,


Bison,


even wolves.


The jaguar was gorgeous. There are wild ones not far from here.


This is a javelina, which I sometimes see on our street. It's not a pig, it's a type of peccary. 


We saw a turkey showing off.


Some goats in the petting zoo portion.

I have a lot more photos of animals, but I'll stop now. I laughed at the beaver exhibit. They had to put metal shields around the trees to keep the beavers from cutting them all down. There were plenty of logs in there for them to chew on, but I understand them not wanting the beavers to take away their shade. 

I really appreciated the fact that over half of their animals were rescues, and they have plans to take in more rescues. 

Northern Arizona is a beautiful area, you get views like these.




We even saw some practical advice


So, last week was not a sewing week, but I had a blast spending time with DH. 

No comments: