Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Life Keeps Interrupting

I'd sew everyday, if, you know, life didn't interfere ;-) Every time I think things are slowing down, life surprises me again, and it gets crazy all over again. It's all good though, and although I didn't really get much sewing done last week, I did get a handle on Christmas shopping, so if the quillows are late, which is quite likely, the grandkids will still have something to open. I'm hoping to at least the get the quillows that need to be mailed finished. 


I did get two of the quillows pin-basted today, that's all I had pins for, since I haven't gotten much quilting done lately. 


DH finished laying out a quilt for me. This is all the extra fabric from a Postcards From Sweden kit I bought. I had so much extra fabric, the second quilt is bigger than the first. DH named this quilt Visual Frustration, because he kept starting patterns then deliberately stopping them. This is the first time I've pressed all the seams open on the HST's, but I wanted DH to be able to turn them any orientation without a buildup of seams. He doesn't normally layout my quilts for me, but I thought he might have fun with this one. 

Since I haven't been sewing much, I have been thinking about sewing a LOT, and I've been working on goals for 2020. I have plans to move things around a bit in my fabric prep room too, but the quillows need to get finished before I start on any of that. I'm pretty excited about my ideas though, so it should be fun!

1 comment:

Katie Z. said...

I really like “Visual Frustration” as it gives the viewer plenty to study.