Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday's projects

I had someone who wanted 20 luggage tags, and I finished them all today. I started on them yesterday. I've made so many of these I already had the interfacing and clear vinyl cut to size, which saved me a lot of time.


I also got DD#3's garter made for the wedding. Thanks to my mother sharing her stash, I had plenty of lace for DD to choose from. Actually, I think the ribbon was my mother's too. Thanks, Mom!


I also got another cherry pit pad finished today. I only stuff them when I'm sitting around not doing anything else, which doesn't happen that often. DD#3 was watching me and wanted to try putting the cherry pits in, so she finished stuffing the one I had started. I hand sewed the opening closed when she was finished.
Tomorrow's goal- start sewing on the four kilt/skirts I cut out for DD#3. I know kilts are men's clothing (DH has a couple of them), but she likes the look, so I adjusted a kilt pattern to suit her. I had already made her two a while back, and she wears them a lot, so now she'll get four new ones.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Kilts have become acceptable as woman's wear -- many years ago actually! I wore my grandmother's beautiful kilt in the mid to late 60's and early 70's. Of course I chopped off a good 10" and it was half way between my knees and ... well, you get the picture. I also ended up moving all the buttons and wrapping it an extra time. Ah, those were the days. I wonder if it would wrap around me even once now! LOL.

Love the luggage tags.