Sunday, December 13, 2009

Quilting Serendipity

I can't help it, I just LOVE scrap quilts. I needed a quick quilt, so I took some of my pre-cut pieces and made one in a week. Some scrap quilts are divided by color, some are divided by value, and some are completely random. The border on this newest quilt is divided by value. It's a braided border, with darks on one side, lights on the other. The only thing I pay attention to is light and dark as I grab pieces to add onto the braid. When you are that random, sometimes funny things happen. Check out the angel playing football....


I thought that angel playing football was so funny. I wouldn't have planned a quilt that way, but with scrap quilts stuff like that just happens....quilting serendipity! I hope that angel is a Patriots fan, but she probably routes for the Saints.


Here is the completed quilt, which I just put the final stitches in about 15 minutes ago. Can you spot the breast cancer awareness ribbon in the center? It's subtle, but there.

Now that this quilt is finished, I can start working on Christmas presents or get back to my mystery quilt. I did get a few blocks of the mystery quilt put together, but less than a dozen. I'll have to take a picture of those and put in my next post. We moved Christmas up to the 20th in our house, because too many people are working on the 24th or 25th. With everyone working different shifts, and not getting the holidays off, you have to just do what works. That only gives me a few short days to make anything, and I still haven't baked one Christmas cookie yet :-( I told everyone they may end up with Valentine's gifts instead. I can only do so much in a week, and I'm not going to stress over it.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Love it! Scrap quilts are the best! I would say that 99% of the quilts that I make are scrap quilts and I just love how they go together! You did a wonderful job!
Kristie