Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hawaiian Top Done!

Here is the Hawaiian quilt top, folded into fourths. I don't have anyplace in the house large enough to lay it out flat, and it looks like rain so I'm not laying it outside just to take a photo. I knew I wouldn't have any time to sew Thursday or Friday, so I have done everything on this since my post on this weekend. It's been two LONG days of sewing!


This is the fabric I bought for the backing. I need to cut it and piece it, but it's just two seams so not too bad. Right now I'm just taking a break. Even unloading the dishwasher sounds like fun right now. At least I'll be moving!

I decided I am sending this to my LAQ. It may not get back in time for DD#2's surgery, but at least I tried. I decided it really needs quilted hibiscus on it. I'm keeping this quilt for the guest bed, so I will see it and know it not like I wanted if I do it myself. It would be different if I were giving it away, since someone else would have no idea what I planned.

I'll be packing this up as soon as the backing is pieced. I have to go to the post office tomorrow anyway, since I have the first of DD#1's packages ready to mail to SA. Well, almost ready to mail, I still have to print out the customs forms, but I have the boxes packed.

1 comment:

Candace said...

It's beautiful, quite an accomplishment.