Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quilt #5


Here is quilt #5 on my quilting spree. It's quilted and bound. I tried freehand fans, or Golden Arches as Patsy Thompson calls them. This one will probably go to the veteran's hospital.


You may be able to see the quilting better in this pic. You can click on it to make it bigger. For my first attempt it will do. I hope with practice I can get my arches smoother.

Today I managed to get the leftover quilt quilted with a meandering pattern. I have the binding pinned on, but don't plan on sewing it on until tomorrow night after babysitting. The quilt above I quilted with Signature thread, and I had some issues with it. The leftover quilt I quilted with C&C Star thread, and I had no problems. I know everyone has the threads they love and the threads they hate. I really think it just depends on which threads your machine likes. My machine evidently prefers Star over Signature. It could have just been a bad cone of Signature, I'm not sure, but I'm not impressed with this one.

This is a busy week for me, so I don't know how much sewing time I'll get. I have two more quilts pin basted, and I'm hoping to get one more ironed tonight, and layered, so I can pin baste it tomorrow during nap time. I have enough safety pins to pretty easily baste three lap sized quilts. Sometimes I can do four quilts, but three is a good number. I don't want to leave pins in the quilts too long.

No comments: