Monday, July 26, 2010

Number 6 Done!


Here is the Leftover Quilt, number 6 in my quilting spree. It is freshly washed and dried, ready to be dragged around by DD#2 after surgery on Friday.

This is the second quilt I've meandered on. Is it any better? I can see a couple spots just on this close up where my stitching lines meet, so maybe not better. Variegated thread is interesting to use, in that when the thread color and fabric color are similar, the stitching is hard to see, but that is constantly changing. The quilt is DONE, so I'm counting it as a success.

I have three more quilts basted and ready to quilt. I want to try a loop de loop pattern on at least one of those, but on paper that pattern is hard for me. I'll probably just go for it and use a thread that will hopefully blend in. I suppose if it comes out really terrible, I could rip it out, but it would have to be very bad for that :-) A loop de loop pattern sounds quick, and versatile because I can add other shapes in. I guess the only way to conquer it is to do it, so maybe the next quilt I post will have that, or my version of it anyway!

No comments: