Monday, April 2, 2012

Some Fast Blocks

Wow! After starting the pink/black beast right after I finished the Orca Bay Mystery, I had almost forgotten that some blocks are quick to make!

I got all of these blocks finished today! (and I added another log on to the pink/black beast sub-blocks.....shhh, don't tell DH) Some of these blocks I have 20 of, some as few as four, depending on how many I needed for the project. It is easy to feel like you are making progress when working on big blocks like these.

In case you are wondering what in the world I am doing with colors, rest easy, these blocks are for four different quilts. I really did work on the rally quilt, the cowboy boot blocks (there are four of them) are for the rally quilt.

Did you see that several of the blocks have similar colors? Those are for a baby quilt. It's really funny, I am a firm believer that turquoise and red do NOT match. The designer of my focus fabric, which I haven't shown yet, does not agree with me, so to match the focus fabric I am stuck using turquoise and red together. The color with the turquoise and red is really a butter yellow, but it never photographs well. I think once the quilt is together it will be really cute, but I am still shaking my head at the colors.

I cooked a turkey breast in the Crock Pot today. So easy and it came out nice and moist. I love my Crock Pot for big sewing days, or any other day I have lots to do. A lot of people tease me because I have so many Crock Pots (I have six), but when we entertain, I have been known to use all six at once. I don't have a clue how many people are coming for Easter yet, I think it will be a small holiday gathering by our standards, I'm thinking under 20, but you never know.

No comments: