Friday, October 12, 2012

I'm Still Here!

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, really! Between company, cleaning, cooking, dentists, parties, babysitting and such, I have just had NO time to blog. The scooter function went well, and I am not sure of a total number of people who ate here that day, likely close to 50 counting family. 

DS the Elder was here with DDIL and Miss E longer than expected. They were planning on being here Friday-Tuesday, and ended up here Thursday-Wednesday. That's the thing about flying standby, you have to go when you'll make the flight. I'm not complaining, it was great spending time with them, and Miss E is just precious. She is quite the Nana's girl, which just pleases me to no end.

Before everyone got here, I did get the rest of the floral and cream HST's cut out. I also cut out a baby quilt I need to make for a great niece. The baby is due in December, but I've had FIVE dreams the baby comes early, so guess which project is switching to the top of my priority list?


That baby quilt is my number one project for tomorrow, but I had a bit of sewing time yesterday and today, so I finished sewing up the scrappy nine patch blocks for the twin's bed quilts. Obviously I haven't pressed them yet, but all the nine patches for both quilts are in this pile. Once these blocks are pressed, I can work on the layout when I have time, and get the quilts ready to assemble. I haven't decided on borders yet, I'll decide that when the centers are together.

Tomorrow I'm planning on working on the baby quilt. I'd like to have it completely finished and in the mail by the end of the month. I had been thinking I could get the quilt top finished this weekend, but we decided to take the twins apple picking on Sunday, so I'll likely have no sewing time that day. I'm not sure I can get the quilt top completed in one day, but I'll let you know how far I get on it. I designed it myself, just a variation of a traditional pattern, and I am excited to work on it. If I just get all the components sewn tomorrow I'll be happy. I know I'll be pressing those nine patch blocks tomorrow too, and there a bunch of them, so it will take a while.

Things are pretty much back to normal now, so I shouldn't have any really long periods without blogging for a while anyway. I am finding bits of time to sew in my normal schedule, and even just a bit at a time, things do eventually get done. I have six quilts going at once right now, so that's a little crazy, but they are coming along. I haven't decided whether or not to do Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt starting next month. It is supposed to be a bit easier than her normal mysteries, which would work with my time limitations better right now. I will look at the fabric requirements and such when they come out and decide from there. I love her mystery quilts, and I love that they are normally complex and have lots and lots of little pieces. Her timing of a simpler quilt may be just the ticket for me this year though, so I may just jump in anyway. I hate to miss out.

No comments: