Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Step 3 of Double Delight


    For step 3 I started with lots of 1 1/2 inch strips.


Sew them into groups of 3 and cut those at 1 1/2 inches.


Here are my first 15 nine patches. Only 115 more to go!

     
       I have half of my step 2 blocks trimmed. I'm going to just keep alternating trimming those and sewing my nine patches. All of my units of 3--- dark-light-dark, and light-dark-light are done, so it shouldn't take me too long to get all the nine patches finished. 
    This mystery is taking me much longer to do than I had planned, but I am really enjoying it. I've been reading the posts from other ladies doing the same mystery quilt, and looking at their progress and color choices, and it is a lot of fun to see how different they are all coming out. I'll definitely be interested in doing another mystery quilt one of these days. Too much fun!

1 comment:

Idaho Quilter said...

I too am working on trimming those blocks, seems like the pile does not shrink. But this is going to be an amazing quilt.