We've had some major changes around here since I last posted. Instead of eight people living here, there are now six. Now we are doing a major house rearranging to make things work better for our "new normal". We are completely moving five rooms in the house, and in some ways I think it might have been easier to move to a new house!
My sewing room will be moving again, and I'll be getting a larger room, but losing a closet. I am dreading moving my sewing room, I just rearranged it a couple of months ago. Oh well, I'm thinking this time it will be able to stay in one place for a while. I'll try to post pics of the sewing room redo as I go along. Hopefully this house arrangement will work better, and it should definitely work better for everyone else. Now everyone will be in a real bedroom with a door, and the twins will be right by us and their mommy.
The day DS the Younger was moving out, and I was frantically trying to find some kitchen items I could spare to help him get started, I decided to wash the star log cabin quilt. I've heard about this happening to other people, but this was the first time it happened to me, the thread ran. The burgundy quilting thread left pink trails all over the quilt, even though I had used several Color Catchers. I had DD#2 going all over town looking for Sythrapol, and everyone was out of it. One of the quilt shops was rude with my daughter, and reminded me why I hate shopping there. Another of the quilt shops, Bella Quiltworks, which I really like, went above and beyond and called the rest of the quilt shops in town to see if anyone had any Synthrapol. No one did so they suggested Oxyclean, and rubbing the areas where it ran with a paste made of Biz detergent and water. Those were easily gotten at the grocery store, and although the quilt is not perfect, I at least got all the pink trails off of the white stars. The quilt should be really clean now, since it's been washed four times, and I ended up using an entire box of Color Catchers by the time I was through.
The only sewing I've gotten done amongst the chaos, is adding a ruffle to a dress we picked up for DD#3 at a thrift store. She is 5' 10" so adding length to garments is something that comes up pretty frequently.
If I get a chance, I will try to quilt on the baby quilt that I started quilting two weeks ago. Things have been too crazy to get much done in the sewing room. At least I got the dress altered, because DD#3 needs it to go to a wedding. If I get no more time to work on the baby quilt, I can get to the end of a row, end the thread, and move everything unfinished. It's not my preference, but it is a likely thing to happen right now.