Saturday, January 7, 2012

I'm Back!

My trip to Houston was great! Who could resist this little bundle?

Isn't she just precious?

This photo is a tad blurry, but I was so excited I caught her with her eyes open!

Here is DS the Elder, with his girlfriend and her daughter. It was so fun to see them creating a new family.

I got home last night, and all day today the twins didn't want me out of their line of sight. I think they missed their Nana pretty badly. It was just as well, since I needed to go to the party store to get the stuff for their first birthday. How did that sneak up so quickly? At any rate, we just took the twins with us, so they could see I wasn't leaving again. Their birthday is on the 12th, but we are having the party on the 10th, because as usual, DH is working on the "real" day. Sometimes it seems as if he works every holiday and birthday :-(

I haven't made it down to the sewing room yet, I'm kind of hoping I can get down there tomorrow, at least during naptime. I saw the mystery quilt reveal, and I LOVE IT! I can't wait to start working on it again. I did indeed get the rest of my mistakes ripped out before I left last week, so I am ready to start sewing again.

My mom isn't having surgery until the 23rd of January, but by then I will babysitting the twins five days a week so DD#3 can go to school to be a certified nursing assistant. I am so glad God can hear my prayers just as well from here.

Since I was traveling over the new year, I haven't really done any year end summing up, or any goals for 2012. I'm hoping to post again tomorrow, with my yearly photo of the spools of thread I've emptied this past year, as well as the total number of quilts I finished in 2011.

No comments: