Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Done, It's Done, It's Done!!!!!


Until I get Perkiomen Daydream finished, this quilt holds the record for the most pieces in a quilt I've made. I was so excited to get this back from the LAQ and see it finished! This is DS the Elder and DDIL's wedding quilt, just a bit late, they were married in March. The pattern is Shoreline Log Cabin from Judy Martin's Log Cabin Quilt Book. If you like log cabin quilts, I suggest you look into that book, there are some stunning quilts in it. This quilt is large, about 110" square. The pattern did not call for the outermost border, it was my decision to add it. The backing fabric is the same as that outer border.

This quilt has about 8,000 pieces, 102 different fabrics, and a lot of hours of work in it. I just love the way it came out, and I can't wait for them to see it in person. I mailed it today, and they should get it Thursday.

I did a little sewing today, on grandbaby #5's quilt. I am just over halfway finished quilting that baby quilt. I ended up buying some flannel to make a couple warmer receiving blankets, and once the quilt and receiving blankets are done, I can get those in the mail to South Africa. Hopefully they will all arrive before grandbaby #5 makes his/her appearance in the world. That baby is due the beginning of August, but I am thinking end of July more likely. Our family really likes July birthdays.

Tomorrow, I will hopefully get a chance to finish grandbaby's quilt, if the grandtwins aren't too fussy. The twins are not thinking teething molars and canines much fun. They get upset if they can hear me sewing, and know I'm there, but they can't see me, even if their Mama is right there with them. Once the baby quilt is done, I should be able to get the receiving blankets done quickly, the fabric is in the dryer now. I'm hoping to get those packages mailed next week, and with the quilt I got mailed today, I will be able to cross a couple things off my to do list!

My Orca Bay quilt is due back from the LAQ any day, and that one I get to keep! I am anxious to see that one too.

Bonnie K Hunter, who designed the Orca Bay quilt, is taking pre-orders for her next book, String Fling, and the Orca Bay pattern will be in that book. I already pre-ordered my book, and if you'd like to pre-order yours go to www.quiltville.com and pre-order yours too :-)

2 comments:

Kristie said...

That is beautiful! I have have that book and that is one of my favorites in it! Love the colorway that you used. Was it really complicated and hard to keep everything straight once you started it? Just wondering because I would love to make it someday.
Kristie

angelindisguise said...

Haven't read your blog in a while.... but this is INSAENELY beautiful. I LOVE how it pixilates in the picture. I sometimes think I'm crazy when I sew, but this..... :)