Thursday, June 28, 2012


I finished quilting this quilt today, my first attempt at quilting flames. I think the variegated thread helps a lot. You can click on the picture to make it bigger.

I pinned binding on three quilt tops, made a couple more maple leaf blocks, and started pressing some quarter blocks for a different quilt. I will assemble those blocks as leader/enders while making maple leaf blocks.

I am now out of pin-basted quilts, so I went through my quilt tops and chose three to get pin-basted next. I picked backing fabrics for those three, but I haven't checked to see if I have enough of all the backing fabrics. If I don't I will just piece something else in to make them big enough. I doubt I'll get a chance to work on them until mid-week next week.

While I was looking through my pile of quilt tops, I sorted the pile into the order I want to work on them. I didn't want to have to look through the whole pile each time I was going to pin-baste a quilt.

I chose the border fabric for the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Sampler quilt. I haven't cut it yet, but I do have it out and ready to go. Once I get that border on, I'll have another finished top.

I'm not really working on any new projects. Everything I've been working on was started long ago. I have a couple new projects I am planning as leaders/enders, but I haven't been working on them. As long as I have old projects I can finish up as leaders/enders, I'll keep doing that. I had more projects hiding than I thought. At least I am working on projects as I find them. Eventually, I'll get them done.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I think your flames look great! Love them done in that thread, it adds an extra little touch to it.