I made a few maple leaf blocks for the border. I still have lots of these to make!
I assembled the center as leaders/enders while I was making the maple leaf blocks. Doing it that way is a painless way to put together a quilt. I got the first border on, which is really just coping strips so the pieced maple leaf border will fit. I plan on putting a third border on as well, just to make it the size I want it. The quilt center is now neatly folded, and will stay that way until I get the maple leaf blocks done.
Tomorrow should be a good sewing day too. My plan is to quilt the last pin-basted quilt. I want to try quilting a flame design, which I've never done before. I will actually watch a video on how to do it before I start doing it ;-) I will be using a variegated thread in reds, oranges, and yellow, and the quilt top is fiery colors as well.
As far as my sewing goals for the week go, I want to get the fire quilt quilted, and bind all the quilts that need it. If I do that, I'll be happy. If I have more time to work on quilts than that, I will likely be making maple leaf blocks, or making backings to go with the next pile of quilt tops I need to tackle.