Friday, November 14, 2008

My new project




    I know I said I had all these other projects to do, and they can wait. I'm stressed and I need something FUN. I ran across this exploding star pattern in one of the books my DH grandmother gave me, and it MUST be made. My best friend has another friend going through a tough time and she wants a Christmas quilt. It's been floating around in my mind all year, and when I saw this quilt, it was like God reached down and said "This is it." I've been wanting to try using Thangles, and I went to a LQS to get some. I wanted 2.5", but they were out, so I got 2.25" This will probably be a better size anyway, because I want to make something between a crib size and throw size. With the slighter smaller size HST's, I'll have room for a border.
    I had my graph paper and crayons out, and my rendition is to the right of the book. I will do it scrappy with lots of Christmas prints and some misc. red, green, and lights mixed in.
     I also got some smaller Thangles to try and make some pinwheel Christmas ornaments. I want to make some log cabin ornaments too. I need to play.
    My machine is back from the shop, but now it messes up in reverse. I ordered another sewing  machine on Amazon today, so this one may end up being my backup until I want to fiddle with it some more. It still sews great forwards, just not in reverse. I will still start my new projects on it.
     Sorry for the fuzzy picture. My DS has our good camera with him in Japan. I hope he's having a great time. My DH took this picture with his phone.

1 comment:

Joan J said...

It's a beautiful quilt! I like the fact that it's in the green and red for Christmas, but it's a pattern that can be used all year long. Can't wait to see how it comes out!