Saturday, November 8, 2008

orders complete!

In the last week I have made 8 scrub tops, 24 luggage tags and 5 steering wheel covers. I am all caught up with orders, so now I have DH scrub tops, DD skirts, and POSSIBLY some Christmas projects.
I have a quilt in my head that I'm just chomping at the bit to start, but I can't decide between a disappearing 9 patch or attic window. I NEVER do this, but I think I'm going to make sample blocks to decide. I only have a limited amount of the fabric I want to use, and I figure making a couple of sample blocks may save me heartache in the end. My biggest problem will be, what to do with the blocks I decide not to use. That's why I never do samples, I don't want to waste anything.
My machine is still in the shop. I'm still using my sister's machine. She is so patient, and doesn't want me going through withdrawals. I am convinced I need a second machine. Don't try to talk me out of it, I am certain this is a necessity! I am also thinking about getting my grandmother's treadle up and going. I am going to have to do research to find someone who can restore it to working order. It is Free brand machine, with a beautiful tiger oak cabinet. Does using a treadle machine count as exercise? If it does, I could use that as a great excuse. Quilting as exercise, wouldn't that be great?

No comments: