Monday, November 24, 2008

My sister's Murphy quilt

   I have named my sister's quilt Murphy. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. She ended up changing her design several times, to try to deal with things. She made this quilt for my nephew=her son, and his wife. Their favorite color is red, and they really like Asian things.  I was afraid several times that this quilt was bound for a ufo pile, or worse yet -the trash, as a WOMBAT (Waste Of Material, Batting, And Time). I am so proud of her for persevering and finishing! Everyone loves it when a project goes together easily, but it shows a lot of character to continue to the end when things aren't going well. The end result is a beautiful wedding gift. The border just inside the white one is a 100 wishes border, with 100 different red squares. I donated some of that fabric, and my wish for the newlyweds, is that they work as hard at their marriage, as their mom did on this quilt.
     Joanne, the quilt did not come out as you originally planned, but it is beautiful! Good job!

No comments: