I suppose I shouldn't be surprised with how much use it's gotten, but my rotary cutter broke today. This is my first rotary cutter and I've used it for 3 or 4 years, so I suppose it had a good run. I've been wanting a Martelli rotary cutter, and I splurged and ordered 2, the 45mm and the 60mm. Since I couldn't cut any more quilt pieces out, I cut out scrubs instead. I've cut out 13 since yesterday. Tomorrow I'll work on cutting out tops for DD#3. I still haven't finished her stuff, and other things have come up on my to do list.
See this box. It has all of the pieces for the Celtic mystery quilt, about 2000 squares. I haven't sewn any yet, but now that they are all cut, I should be able to catch up quickly. It scares me how little space these pieces take up. If I can fit all the pieces for a full sized quilt in a shoe box, exactly how many quilts can I make with my stash? A lot! I mean really a lot!
If any of you remember the Double Delight mystery I was working on in January, you'll remember I stalled on it. Well, I'm working on it again. I started cutting out the maple leaf blocks for the border I want on mine. The one on the left is all sewn together, the one on the right isn't. I also started working on the extra blocks I need to straight set it, but I didn't get enough pieces cut out before my rotary cutter broke to start sewing on them. I do have a couple more maple leaf blocks cut out that I can sew. Of course, I can also sew on the Celtic mystery, or work on the scrub tops I have cut out too. I haven't gotten any of the Mardi Gras quilt cut yet, but I will get there once I get my new rotary cutters.