Thursday, July 9, 2009

Weddings and such

On Monday our daughter, Abigail, also known as DD#3 got married in Las Vegas! Lots of people were shocked that she chose a black dress, but I think she looks beautiful! One of my nieces that lives in Vegas came to see us before the wedding, and I'm so glad she did.


From left to right is DS the Elder- Nathan, DS the Younger-Joshua, my niece Michelle,
DD#3-Abigail, and DD#2, Harmony


Here is the happy couple, Javier and Abigail.


It is tradition in our family that when you go on a trip, you have to get a Christmas ornament. All of my kids get them for me in their travels, but since I was in Vegas too, I picked this one out myself. We went to the four-story m&m store and I got this one dressed as Elvis. Isn't he cute?


On a quilty note, I will be starting a new quilt with a Mardi Gras theme. These are the fabrics I decided on. I love the mask fabric and it will be the border. The purple, green and gold will be for the Snail's Trail blocks. I wanted a quilt with a lot of movement, and Snail's Trail fit the bill. I'm cutting out pieces for a couple of other quilts as well.
I used the time in the car ride to Vegas to figure out the cutting plan for the Mardi Gras quilt, and the blocks I need to finish my Double Delight Mystery quilt from January. I got all the fabrics out today, so hopefully I will get it all cut on the weekend. I did finish cutting out all the pieces for the Celtic mystery quilt today, but I haven't sewn a stitch of that yet. Tomorrow is Friday, so I'm going to try to get a quilt on the frame, and get it quilted. We'll see how that goes, I've really lost momentum on the quilting part.

No comments: